Wet Tropics Tour Guide Program
Join Tour Guides, Indigenous Rangers, Visitor Information Centre staff, researchers, and community members in the Wet Tropics Tour Guide Program. Everyone is welcome to undertake certification or just come and enjoy our activities.
The Wet Tropics Tour Guide Program was created in 2012 by the Wet Tropics Management Authority, Savannah Guides and other partners to support ongoing learning and enhance visitor experiences. The Program offers great networking, information and skill sharing opportunities, and builds awareness of the Natural and Cultural Values of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area and how to present these as Tour Commentaries and Stories.
To receive your certificate and badge acknowledging you as a Wet Tropics Tour Guide you must:
- Participate in one full Wet Tropics Tour Guide Field School These are two days long and held generally twice each year in various Wet Tropics locations.
- Complete the Tour Guide Course consisting of units in:
- Natural Values of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area
- Cultural Values of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area
- Presenting the Values of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area
These are delivered using workbooks at one day workshops.
3. Pass a Guiding Field Assessment, usually a 30 minute walk.
These can be undertaken in any order.
Our next Wet Tropics Workshop and Field School will be held in November/December 2019. Further Information and the Registration Form will be available here and emailed on our Wet Tropics enewsletter.
For more references see this incredibly comprehensive website – A Nature Guide’s Guide to the Wet Tropics.
Join the Wet Tropics Tour Guide Network Facebook page
Please contact us for more information or to subscribe to the Wet Tropics Tour Guide newsletter and be kept up to date on upcoming events.