Tour Guide Professional Development
Savannah Guides is Australia’s leading Tour Guide professional development organisation. For over 25 years we have been running our Savannah Guides Schools, coordinating accredited training, developing tailored programs for businesses and mentoring tourism staff.
Our work originated in Queensland’s Gulf Savannah, and has now expanded through The Kimberley, Northern Territory, the Wet Tropics and Outback Queensland. Our experience is relevant to regional and remote businesses across Australia, and to destinations that wish to improve their visitor experience.
Within our activities are pathways for every public contact person in tourism to develop their skills and career opportunities and for businesses to step up to a new level.
We offer 1-3 day workshops on topics such as Commentary Delivery; Flora/Fauna and Landscape; and Indigenous Culture. The dates and locations for these workshops are publicised in our newsletter – subscribe here.
In this section you can:
- Find out about our regular Savannah Guides Schools, workshops open to everyone and a great introduction to professional tour operation.
- Learn about the Wet Tropics Tour Guide Program, a professional development and accreditation program for the rainforest Tour Guides of Tropical North Queensland.
- Access a library of professional development resources to help you plan a tour, train staff, plan business activities or marketing activities and much more.
- Get involved in Responsible Tourism, a worldwide movement that embodies the Savannah Guides Mission of developing sustainable, community based tourism.
- Find out about our Business Support Programs, where Savannah Guides works with businesses or organisations to fine tune interpretive and business elements.
Please contact Savannah Guides for more information about how you can access these important services.